April 28th is Day of Mourning. Let’s show our respect for those who have been injured or passed away in the worksite by always promoting a safe work environment. To you this may just be one day, but the pain suffered by the families who have been affected by construction related accidents will last a lifetime.
This Day of Mourning make construction safety in Calgary a priority. Taking a few extra minutes to accomplish your tasks in a safe manner can save lives. Take care of yourself and others around you – your families and loved ones will appreciate it.
Here are some tips for promoting a safe work environment:
- Always wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Remember that teamwork prevents accidents
- Practice safe housekeeping
- Dress appropriately
- Keep constant communication with your supervisor and co-workers
- Let your supervisor know of unsafe situations that may happen in the construction site
- Know what to do in case of an emergency
- Participate in the toolbox meetings by suggesting topics that are related to your construction duties
- Keep alert by stretching, walking, and moving around
- Have a good night’s sleep and a nutritious breakfast
“Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it” – Author Unknown
High Sierra Holdings Ltd. wishes you a safe day!